Call for papers: “Shared Memories and National Movements in Modern Europe”. Deadline: 30 November.
On 25 – 27 June 2020, the Institute of National History and NISE will hold an international conference on “Shared Memories and National Movements in Modern Europe” in Ohrid, Republic of N. Macedonia.
This conference aims to gather researchers from relevant fields within the humanities and social studies who are invited to elaborate on various aspects related to:
– Memory and its role in creation and re-creation of the past as a mobilizing factor, as well as for propaganda purposes;
– References to a unique and inspiring past in program documents of cultural and social associations, as well as of organizations striving for political autonomy and of national political parties;
– Мemory reflected in folklore, literature and other cultural expressions;
– Shared memories regarding protagonist and historical key events;
– The nurturing of traditions and shared memories.
Deadline for submitting abstracts (max. 250 words) and CVs (max. 200 words): 30 November 2019
Notification of acceptance of the applicants: 15 December 2019
Click HERE for further details about this call for papers and the conference.